[ODE] dWorldStep() crashes with a large number of contact joints.

Artur Matos amatos at create.human.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Thu Oct 16 14:57:10 MST 2003

Hi to all,

I am using ODE in a java software
that I am currently programming, using my own custom java interface
to ODE. Currently, using this interface, dWorldStep seems
to crash if a large number of contact joints
is created on the same time step where the crash occurs (around 23
as far as could determine). I am using simple
spaces. Is this an expected behavior for ODE, and
if so, should I try to keep the created contact joints
below this number? Because I am using my own
custom Java interface, I am not sure if this
is an ODE problem or eventually a JNI one, and
I would like to check.

Best regards,

Artur Matos.