[ODE] ODE & Motion Sensors & Haptics??

api2551 at cacs.louisiana.edu api2551 at cacs.louisiana.edu
Sun Nov 23 12:01:41 MST 2003

Hi Manohar,
       I am working on a similar thing using a 6 Dof Haptic glove. Any way
coming to your spring damper system, i feel there is a mistake in the way
you are applying the damping force. Try this one out
          F_Drag = K_Spring * (Cursor_Pos - Body_Pos)-K_Damp * BodyVel;
          and then calculate BodyVel for the next time step
           BodyVel += (F_Drag/m)*timestep;
          timestep is the update time you are using
I hope that solves the problem.

Bye
Arun