[ODE] ODE as a complete FPS solution..

nearaz nearaz at interamotion.com
Wed Jun 11 09:06:02 2003

Hi,

> stepping up on "stairs" in our _tri soup_ world. Can
> ODE(+triCollider+OPCODE) provide a full solution to these issues and
> replace our core system?

It's not "out of the box" solution, but with some work it can be used, I
guess. Regarding "tri soup" - that's ok for OPCODE.

> collision/physics again, and I'd love an alternate solution. We're
> already drooling over what else ODE can bring us.

I have tried using ODE for vehicles in a tri-soup world -
http://jammy.sourceforge.net/2003/games.php - and with some (actually, quite
much) of tuning it can work reasonably. But that's for vehicle, where every
jitter is nearly a catastrophe; for FPS it might be easier.

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/