Re[2]: [ODE] problem with adding forces

lazareer lazareer <lazareer at retsat1.net>
Wed Aug 6 15:06:02 2003

Wednesday, August 6, 2003, 10:11:08 PM, lazareer wrote:

l>> I am new on this list, and maybe my question is silly and
l>> the answer is obvious but I will ask it anyway:
l>> I've  got  problem  when  I add force to the body (dBodyAddForce). The
l>> force  is  added  (dBodyGetForce returs correct vector)but it takes no
l>> effects  in  the  simulation  step.  If  there  is no gravity the body
l>> doesn't move. Why? has someone any explanation? maybe someone had such
l>> a problem?
l>> Thanks for any ideas!

ok I've found the reason of my problem - force vector was too small to
make effect, but I've got another question due to this: what are your
experiences of using forces? do you really have to put force vector
like: (10000,0,0) to see anything moving? What are the units of force
vectors?

lazareer