[ODE] GTA3 and Physics

Erwin de Vries erwin at vo.com
Wed Oct 30 06:39:02 2002

Actually the carphysics in GTA3 are pretty lousy in my opinion. I suspect
they are using Havok. Although i wouldnt even consider calling Havok 'lousy'
in general, i dont like the carphysics i've seen in their public demo's.
GTA3 kinda feels like these.

I dont think its impossible to create the same physicsmodel in ODE, though.
You just need to fiddle a lot with masses to get it right.

Erwin