[ODE] ODE with .net or atleast no make files

jnilson_99@yahoo.com jnilson_99 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 10:10:02 2002

#1: .net port

Grasshopper, learn to use just c/c++, the rewards are
almost endless and will save you much frustration in
the long run not only with ode, but graphics in
general. I suspect you like .net and vb because it
hides the horrors of DirectX( e.g. John Carmack's take
http://exaflop.org/docs/d3dogl/d3dogl_jc_plan.html )
Try using OpenGl only. It will make graphics
programming much more palattable.

#2: samples
As far as samples the "ode-0.03\ode\test" directory
has a bunch of tests that really could be called
samples.

Making a MSVC project to build the tests is trivial.
Steps are
1) File->New->Projects->Win32 Console Application
2) Right click on the "File" view of the project and
add the test*.cpp file you want.
3) Add the ode.lib and drawstuff.lib (or build them if
you don't have them,File->New->Static Library etc). To
add a library to MSVC++ go to
Project->Settings->Link->Input and add the library and
specify the directory where the library lives in the
"Additional Library Paths".

john

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_newmsn8ishere_3mf