[ODE] how to stopbody enabling by joint

Krystian Ligenza kxxl at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Oct 22 12:28:09 MST 2007

Jon Watte (ODE) pisze:
> Krystian Ligenza wrote:
>> I have look more in mailing list archive, and see that this topic was
>> many times discussed. Main problem is how to set that joint should
>> only affect  one body and other  left  unforced.  Maybe we should
>> think about adding flag for this, by adding dJointSetXXXParam with
>> dParamAffectBoth, dParamAffectFirst, dParamAffectSecond? If joint can
>> link with world, this should not be impossible to do - correct me if
>> I'm wrong?
> Why wouldn't you just create the joint attached to the affected body
> and the world (NULL), then? I do that for collisions in certain cases,
> for example.

Becouse I want to move this link. Here is video showing what I want to do:

http://www.kxl.com.pl/ODE/KxL_Rope_platform_error.avi

 Now it is done in a way I dont like it, becouse I need to have control
on limits on that joint between platform and first rope part. I had
solution that almost works good - I have make same joint like for rope
between first rope element and platform. Then I pin platform using Fixed
joint. Each change of position/rotation of platform i have call
dJointSetFixed. But after each change platform goes down a litte
(probably it was pulled by the rope bodies, and setting a ERP to 1.0 and
CFM to 0.0001 didn't help). Do you have any other idea how to do this?

There is also showed error, when rope are stuck inside box. How to
correct this?

Thanks
Krystian