[ODE] building 64bit ODE?

Tanguy Fautre tanguy.fautre at spaceapplications.com
Fri Oct 19 09:02:01 MST 2007

Tanguy Fautre wrote:
> Krystian Ligenza wrote:
>> Tanguy Fautre pisze:
>
> Ok, I've looked at the IceFPU.h file. Here is the faulty part:
>
> [...]

I was a bit too quick to think it was the only inline assembly in this
file... There are tons of it. :-(

I guess that an easy (and probably good) solution would be to remove the
Visual C++ versions (i.e. ifdef _MSC_VER) of all these functions. Unless
someone can come up with a good reason why we should keep them ? Cause
to me it looks like old and now-worthless optimizations (e.g. most x64
compilers use SSE to handle floating points instead of the FPU), and
this is probably not worth the troubles anymore.

Otherwise, another solution (but that I don't agree with) could be to
replace in this file all the:

#ifdef _MSC_VER

with

#if defined _MSC_VER && ! defined WIN64