[ODE] ode 0.9.0 good to go

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Mon Oct 15 07:43:27 MST 2007

Hi again,

I got a few suggestions about odecpp.h. I was not aware of that header
(doh!). It seems like a good start, but I was thinking something more
high-level than that, where bodies, geoms and joints would be
integrated in an intuitive and useful way. odecpp.h just looks like a
1-to-1 mapping, and while useful, it still leaves lots of work to be
done in any project, which I think could be abstracted away into the
core library.

> Not as far as I am aware, however I would think that anyone wanting a
> C++ interface would be able to get this from one of the wrapper
> projects, either:
> PAL (pal.sourceforge.net)
> OPAL
> (http://ox.slug.louisville.edu/~o0lozi01/opal_wiki/index.php/OPAL:Physics_Editor)
> Gangsta Wrapper (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gangsta)

A wrapper is indeed more what I had in mind.

> The only problem is the PAL wrapper for ODE is not very complete.

I was looking at the PAL demos (linked in a recent thread) and it
seems that way (some tests in the benchmark don't seem to be
implemented for ODE)... Perhaps that could be an interesting project.
I'll see if I can contribute something, and maybe that would be useful
to others in the future as well...

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions. I keep thinking about my next
project which will use ODE, but I can't seem to finish the current
one, which doesn't... :-(

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/