[ODE] Joint friction (the previous mail is lost?)

yyd_iris@yahoo.com yyd_iris at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 06:41:59 MST 2007

Hi

I sent the original mail three days ago and did not
see it go through. Here is the second trial.

I create a Hinge joint between two bodies(composed of
Mesh Gemo), and use dJointAddHingeTorque to apply
torques to the joint. I have to assert a unreasonable
large torque (compare to body mass) to be able to move
the bodies. Is it the friction effect?
why is the friction so big? How can I remove the
friction effect? I have eliminated gravity effects.

FYI, I use gemoTransform to shift the reference point
of Mesh gemo to the center of mass. The Mesh is not
symmetrical though. The average of Mesh vertices does
not match the reference point.

dParamFMax is 250,
dParamVel is default 0.
Global CFM is 0 (changing it to a small number does
not help)
Global ERP is 0.2
dBody Linear/Angular Vel are default 0.

Thank you!