[ODE] How to detect unstability / crash

Patrick Enoch Hendrix_ at gmx.net
Mon Jun 18 10:26:46 MST 2007

Hi,

I check whether the coordinates/velocities are "in range". In my case
that means:
abs(pos.x/y/z) < 1e10
abs(lin_vel.x/y/z) < 1e6
abs(ang_vel.x/y/z) < 1e6

of course, those values will depend heavily on your application. The
checks are done before (in case bad values are fed to the stepper)
and after the quickstepper.

IMO forces are a bad idea, because the inv_mass plays a role in
translating that to a velocity. Heavy object + lots of force = little
velocity. ( dv = F/m*dt ).