[ODE] Exception Handling

Bill Sellers wis at mac.com
Sun Jan 28 13:52:04 MST 2007

I'm certainly interested in putting some sort of error handling into
ODE so that I can trap simulation errors at runtime. This would mean
probably rerunning the simulation with a smaller integration step, or
perhaps fiddling with ERP values as suggested. I imagine that C++
style exceptions would break if anyone was using the C interface, so
what are the other options? I can imagine having a global error
variable that gets set to a value indicating what sort of error has
been generated and that this could be queried if wanted after each
WorldStep or whatever. However I imagine there are other options? Any
suggestions?

Cheers
Bill

--
Dr. Bill Sellers                            Email:
William.Sellers at manchester.ac.uk
Lecturer in Integrative Vertebrate Biology  Skype: wisellers
Faculty of Life Sciences                    Tel.   0161 2751719
The University of Manchester                Fax:   0161 2753938
Jackson's Mill, PO Box 88                   Mob:   0785 7655786
Sackville Street, Manchester, M60 1QD, UK   http://homepage.mac.com/
wis/ASL/