[ODE] Using OpenGL for graphics..

Jorrit Tyberghein jorrit.tyberghein at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 05:36:59 MST 2007

On 8/8/07, Tobias Zimmer <tozim at gmx.de> wrote:
> I know most of you are recommending either Irrlicht or Ogre.
> Chosing one of them is going to be one of my next steps.
> Thus it may at this point of the discussion be interesting to
> read some opinions from you which one is "better" in your
> eyes and why. They seem to offer mostly the same features.
>
> So, which one is the "one"?

As the project manager of Crystal Space I'd also like to add that
engine on your list of engines to investigate :-)

  http://www.crystalspace3d.org

As to which is better, in many cases it is a matter of personal
preferences as all big Open Source engines have nearly the same
capabilities in many areas.

Greetings,

> Regards,
> Tobias
>

> Am 08.08.2007 um 13:57 schrieb Vrej Melkonian:
>
> > I'm not sure what vishwas is talking about
> >
> > "i have this doubt because none of the tutorial
> > given in that seem to
> > render at runtime"
> >
> > You are obviously looking at the wrong place.
> > irrlicht is a 3D renderer, using GL or D3D.
> > Look at the screenshots and read the description of
> > what it is capable of.
> >
> > http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net
> >
> > And Ogre is another one
> > http://www.ogre3d.org