[ODE] obstacle course for vehicles

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Aug 7 07:14:42 MST 2007

10 boxes is no problem for performance. If it is for you, you're doing
something wrong. Even the now five years old carworld demo showed that.
It let you select a jeep or tank to drive around, and shoot at/drive
through stacks of crates -- I believe in the 30-50 crate range. Fine
performance back in the 2.4 GHz Pentium IV days.

You can totally put the boxes and the car all in one space, btw, and use
dSpaceCollide to find intersections.

Cheers,

          / h+