[ODE] [ 1335198 ] Sweep and Prune Space

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 12 04:58:43 MST 2007

I've been scanning through the current outstanding patches and I came
across this one from 2005. It seemed like a good feature that
obviously someone wanted, and the supplied performance analysis seems
to indicate it is a good choice for some scenes.

So to help out, I took the supplied files and turned it into a patch
against SVN #1175, i.e. a much more modern code revision.

There is still work to do to free it from a dependence on OPCODE
(which doesn't seem like a huge job) and another job to implement
'collide2'.

Another job is to implement collide2 (space vs. space collision) which
has been seen as a deal breaker for adding this to ODE - I'm not sure
this isn't such a bad thing but I'm hoping that the original author or
some kind volunteer might step up and add this and solve the issue :-)

The patch lives here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1335198&group_id=24884&atid=382801

My file addition didn't seem to bump it to the top, and I'm not sure
who spends any time watching the tracker, so I've posted here to draw
attention to it!

Regards,
David Walters