[ODE] Segfaulting ODE with too many objects -- ALLOC vs MALLOC

Daniel K. O. danielko.listas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 14:30:39 MST 2006

2006/9/30, Jon Watte (ODE) <hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org>:
> Btw: using cygwin on Windows just isn't the best way to develop a
> Windows application, because it doesn't support all things necessary to
> integrate well with Windows. I highly recommend using Visual Studio instead.

This kind of gratuitous remark could easily scale into a flamewar.
Let's avoid asserting "best tools" because everyone has his own tastes
and constraints. But still, emacs > vi. :)

I'm not familiar with ODE's core yet, but it would be cool if the
allocations could be abstracted like this:

This way it's easier to plug your own optimized memory management code
into the library. At least on the crytical parts.

Daniel K. O.