[ODE] .NET bindings

Terry L. Triplett c0d3g33k at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 05:54:47 MST 2006

On 9/21/06, Daniel Huser <dhuser at 1eeurope.ch> wrote:

>  Jason,
>
> why is it so important to avoid "unsafe" code for you?
>
> I for my part would rather use some "unsafe" code that works 1:1 as
> intended, rather than having to use workarounds here and there.....

Well, the very name of the keyword should be a clue in itself ... :-)
I'm not sure it's entirely possible to eliminate unsafe code entirely,
particularly when it comes to things like, say, user-created classes or
trimesh data (that are created in the managed space but need to be
manipulated by unmanaged code), but the goal of minimizing it where possible
is a good one.

It would be great if we could get together a class structure on top of it
> (like OdeDotNet provides)! After all....that's what .Net people like.....a
> nice C# look-and-feel! :)
> But maybe this could be where OdeDotNet comes in......

That was my thinking.  Since this effort aims to stick closely to the C-API,
it should be fairly trivial to convert OdeDotNet when the time comes.  Since
this project makes Tao.Ode redundant, there would be no conflict with
respect to OdeDotNet.

Great job Jason!