[ODE] cylinder plane bug

Jean-Sebastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Wed Sep 20 10:19:41 MST 2006

Hello,

> > A plane does separate space. Into what, the library can't know.
>
> For collision, it's standard practice.

Ok, if you say so. I don't really mind at all, it's just that I don't come from
a collision detection background and that definition of a plane doesn't work
well with the definition of a plane I have in mind.

> For example, convex hulls can be
> described with planes.  That only works because of the way it works ; ).

I can see how that would be useful, but I think there would be another way of
defining convex hulls without restricting the use of planes for that special
case.

Just one thing: If what's "below" the plane will be considered as colliding in
the future, I think that should be made blatantly obvious in the documentation.
It's something that's not obvious for someone who doesn't come from a collision
detection background, IMVHO.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                        http://whitestar02.webhop.org/