[ODE] Performance question

STenyaK (Bruno Gonzalez) stenyak at gmx.net
Thu Sep 14 18:59:13 MST 2006

Doh... i answer myself... It's my fault. It's taken me 1 year to realize
what the problem is.

It looks like i was not properly handling collisions between suspension
rods. I've removed their geoms and framerates are back to normal.
This makes sense, since the rods collide with uprights by default, so a
bug in my collision callback could be allowing those collisions joints to
be created.

So i'll leave those geoms uncreated, and then when the suspension gets
damage, joints break and some rod detaches from the vehicle, i'll recreate
the collision geom and everything should behave as supposed (rods falling
to the ground and rolling, then colliding with other incoming vehicles or
whatever).

Ps.: gussimulator, yes, i speak spanish, and i'm spanish :)

--
Saludos,
     STenyaK

Site:   http://1ksurvivor.homeip.net  <1kSurvivor>