[ODE] Should ODE support Center of mass not centered at body frame

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Sep 13 12:09:33 MST 2006

I think the point is that we want to let the user decide what the
reference center is. For example, for a character controller, the
centerpoint on the ground under the feet might be a fine reference
point. Also, for a jointed system, keeping the reference point the same
for all the bodies during set-up might be convenient, too.

Also, the Ageia SDK supports this feature, and it just makes some set-up
code a lot easier.

Cheers,

          / h+