[ODE] Should ODE support Center of mass not centered at body frame

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Wed Sep 13 11:45:42 MST 2006

I'm not convinced yet that c.o.m. != body origin is a good idea.

First, there is chapter 13 in the ode docs:

Second, what use would it have?
You have to choose *some* origin for your body frame, and the center
of mass is the most logical choice for this origin.

Third, someone mentioned that it introduces a new pitfall,
w.r.t. the order in which you do things? We don't need an
additional pitfall.