[ODE] New patches submitted

Remi Ricard remi.ricard at simlog.com
Fri Sep 8 05:53:11 MST 2006

Hi David,
>> When dGYROSCOPIC is defined some torque  components are removed /not
>> calculated on bodies.
>>
>> So defining dGYROSCOPIC should stabilize the "wobble" of body at high
>> rotation speed.
>>

>> This is what I remember.
>>
>> I think this was discussed on the mailing list.
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> I'll do a search on the archived list - I don't remember this in
> recent times.
>

> My collegue tried a version with it enabled, and the bowling pin he
> was simulating became quite unstable on impact (with a tennis ball) -
> accelerating and eventually shooting off into space. So he turned it
> off again :-)
Oups maybe it was the other way around. I don't recall since for me it
did not make any difference.
I don't have any bodies turning at hight speed.

> He's using your patch now, it's on PSP so will benefit from any and
> every speedup to be found! thanks.
Can you post a comment on the mailing list about which patch you are
using and if
it is working or not. This help finding if a patch is worth to be
included in the trunk.

Remi