[ODE] IK character place feet on the ground/dynamic objects

kxxl@poczta.onet.pl kxxl at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Oct 30 03:02:34 MST 2006

Jon Watte wrote:

> NaturalMotion have done this in Endorphin for several years, and I
> believe they are now coming out with a real-time version of it. It's
> based on biomechanics research and teaching some sort of
> adaptable genetic algorithm about human musculoskeletal system
> movements.

Endorphin is very interesting amiation software, as you sad it's making calculation in real-time (or allmost real-time) with all data retargeting with respect to human muscle, like this:
http://download.naturalmotion.com/25tutorials/endorphin_2.5_tutorial_10_Active_Posting.avi
http://download.naturalmotion.com/25tutorials/endorphin_2.5_tutorial_14_Active_Animation+Motion_Transfer.avi

but I don't know how they done this with genetic algoritm - isn't it too slow for real-time computation?

And I never saw a demo with character walking on bumpy terrain ;)

Regards
KxL