[ODE] IK character place feet on the ground/dynamic objects

kxxl@poczta.onet.pl kxxl at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Oct 30 01:15:03 MST 2006

John Watte wrote:
>Two ways:
>
>1) Use Inverse Kinematics ("IK") to a point found using a ray cast per >foot.

this could made a trick, so I have to annotate animation with information when character are standing on right/left foot and then use this to correct animation - am I right?
But when to ray cast? For the next step it should be done at the beginning of that step, so how to setup ray?

>2) Use different walk animations, and blend between them based on >angle of ascent.

interestiong solution, but how to mesure angle of ascent? For this I would need to know the place where next foot will step on (so this is too a ray cast problem) ?

Thanks for good advices,
KxL