[ODE] dRFromEulerAngles interpretation

Kosei Demura kosei.demura at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 16:25:12 MST 2006

Dear All,

I think that dRFromEulerAngles looks like an euler angle based on the Nasa
Standard Aerospace as shown in
1.http://oemagazine.com/fromTheMagazine/nov05/tutorial.html
2.http://www.euclideanspace.com/maths/geometry/rotations/euler/index.htm

I uses ODE for my educational materials in our robotics department, and I
have some problems about dRFromEulerAngles. Because it is not a standard
euler angle in Robotics.

In robotics, there are 12 euler angles. So, please name APIs like
dRFromXYZEulerAngles, dRFromXZYEulerAngles, dRFromYXZEulerAngles,
dRFromYZXEulerAngles,
dRFromZXYEulerAngles, dRFromZYXEulerAngles, dRFromXYXEulerAngles,
dRFromXZXEulerAngles,
dRFromYXYEulerAngles, dRFromYZYEulerAngles, dRFromZXZEulerAngles,
dRFromZYZEulerAngles.

I think those APIs are very clear for everyone.

Thanks,

Kosei