[ODE] Composite geometry

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Tue Oct 3 14:03:57 MST 2006

Klaus Backert <Klaus.Backert at t-online.de> writes:

> Hi, Tommy,
> > I want to have a geometry consisting of five geometry boxes.  So I
> > thought I could use geometry transform and add more than one geometry
> > to a body but the manual indicates that only one geometry can be added
> > to a body.
>
> In the ODE 0.5 user guide I read in chapter 9.5:

Thanks, I had missed that section in the documetation (10.9 in 0.5
doc).

> them. ... ... ... However there is one caveat: You should never
> create a composite object that will result in collision points being
> generated very close together."

I want to model model a box with four sides and a bottom that can be
used to carry things in so the plan was to make a composite object
using five geometry boxes.  So if collision points should not be close
together how should you model this?

--
/Tommy Persson