[ODE] How to dMassSetParameters for arbitrary meshes?

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Nov 24 11:11:13 MST 2006

To get a better collision fit, the best solution is often to have the
artist who authors the mesh, also author the collision approximation,
usually using some combination of spheres, boxes, and capsules (because
those are the most robust). Thus, in your art tool, you'd have to allow
artists to build un-textured primitives that you could extract in a
format that your code can understand and re-create in ODE.

Cheers,

             / h+