[ODE] SVN rev 966 builds squeaky clean on my OS X box

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Tue May 23 09:05:14 MST 2006

Libtool is troublesome on Windows, not only because it uses the awfuly
OLD way of creating dlls, but also because
in Windows, appending a version number to the dll filename makes no sence.

Also, having a systemwide ODE shared library means selecting beween
single and double, for which it would probably be a good idea to have both,
perhaps libode.single.so.0.6.0 and libode.double.so.0.6.0, which, if we
stop now and implement would mean even more time before we see a 0.6.0
version.

if it is posible to do sonames without libtool, I could try and make a
workaround in autotools, but I dont think it will be on 0.6.0.