[ODE] trouble compiling from SVN on Debian Sid (unstable)

Terry L. Triplett c0d3g33k at gmail.com
Thu May 11 12:31:36 MST 2006

I've been doing some test compiles against various SVN revisions and have
narrowed down this problem to the changes made to configure.in in revision
942.  Revision 941 builds fine, revision 942 doesn't.

I'm still going through the various files (eg. config.log etc.)  to
understand exactly what changed, but the likely culprit seems to be
following bit of code:

dnl Add X include and lib paths
  if test "X$no_x" != "Xyes"; then
    CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -I${x_includes}"
    CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -I${x_includes}"
    LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L${x_libraries}"
  fi

If I comment out this if block, everything compiles as before.