[ODE] Compiling ode-lib

Wesley Smith wesley.hoke at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 12:50:54 MST 2006

Hi again,
I cd'd into ode and typed make.  Everything compiled fine, but the
linking step failed.  Here's the error:

g++ -I../../include -I../../include   -g   -o libode.so -shared -fPIC
obstack.o collision_util.o array.o ode.o error.o odemath.o
collision_kernel.o export-dif.o quickstep.o collision_quadtreespace.o
rotation.o collision_space.o collision_std.o joint.o step.o
collision_transform.o lcp.o stepfast.o mass.o testing.o mat.o timer.o
matrix.o util.o memory.o misc.o   fastldlt.o fastltsolve.o fastdot.o
fastlsolve.o   -lstdc++ -lm -lpthread
powerpc-apple-darwin8-g++-4.0.1: unrecognized option '-shared'
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Looks like the switch for building the library was not the correct
valid. Anyone else on OSX know how to handle this?