[ODE] dObStack

Misha Smelyanskiy mmaloff2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 15:33:51 MST 2006

Hello,
  I am trying to understand dObStack and Arenas used to store joint group.

  Is the idea to avoid calling malloc very often, by pre-allocating large chunks of memory (Arenas) once in a while and getting memory from these Arenas on all other calls?

  I don't understand why it is called a stack. Are there any other advantages of using dObStack? Seems like there are. Eg., dJointGroupEmpty uses dObStack to "detach joints from the group from the most recently added (ad the top of the stack). this helps ensure that the various linked lists are not traversed too much..."
  Can you please explain this.

  Thanks,
  Mike