[ODE] ode-0.6, vs2003 project settings for code generation should be different for all the targets?

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 08:12:16 MST 2006

On 6/12/06, Jon Watte (ODE) <hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org> wrote:
> I would suggest "runtime library" is debug single-threaded for the debug
> lib, release single-threaded for the release lib, debug DLL for the
> debug DLL and release DLL for the release DLL.

Sorry to take so long getting back on this; I wanted to research the
issue before I responded.

If I create a new project in VS2005, by default I get the
multithreaded DLL runtime. In fact, in VS2005 the single-threaded
runtime isn't even an option (perhaps because they are disabled by
default at install time, I'd have to dig up my discs to check).

If I create a new project in VS2003, by default I get the
single-threaded static runtime.

So here is what I am proposing to do: for VS6, VS2002, and VS2003 I
will do as you suggest above. But for VS2005 (and later) I am going to
use the multi-threaded DLL runtime for all configuration.

Comments welcomed,

Jason