[ODE] some quick notes on 0.6...

Justin Couch justin at vlc.com.au
Thu Jun 22 12:08:19 MST 2006

Jason Perkins wrote:

> The most troubling issue to me is the partially implemented colliders.
> It is going to be a while before we get them done, and we ought to
> come up with a way to let users know what is and is not working.

In my own experience, having run many different OSS projects over the
last decade, partial implementations are far, far better than none. With
partials in there and right in front of the user, they'll use them.
Then, they find out things that are wrong and either fix them, or pay
someone else to fix them if it bugs them enough. When there is nothing,
people aren't as motivated to correct the situation. Documenting what is
not quite working yet as part of the API documentation is the way to go
as it is the easiest to maintain (people tend to tweak the documentation
if it is local to where they're making the fixes, but won't if the two
are separated).

--
Justin Couch                         http://www.vlc.com.au/~justin/
Java Architect & Bit Twiddler              http://www.yumetech.com/