[ODE] build touchups in current svn

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Sun Jun 11 08:01:07 MST 2006

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> but onto the heart of the matter ... library generation in
> ode/src/Makefile.am ... could someone describe what you guys are going for so
> i can try to help clean it up ?  the current system just doesnt do much right
> wrt to shared lib generation ...
> -mike

- Avoid using libtool, it is troublesome on Windows, sonames have no
meaning on Windows anyway.
- Get around the fact that Automake doesn't like to place executables in
/lib directories, since we're avoiding libtool, we need to complile the
shared lib as an exe.
- Get around the fact that Automake has no way of setting per source
file CFLAGS with the use of libfast.a.
- Link the Shared Library against the object files rather than the
libraries, otherwise, you get a link time error.

What does "wrt" means?