[ODE] version 0.6 - problems on ubuntu dapper

Daniel Monteiro Basso daniel.ode at basso.inf.br
Fri Jun 9 11:33:38 MST 2006

Hi,

first of all, thank you all for your really hard work! :)

Now to the point: I tried to compile the sources from ode-src-0.6.zip,
with (--version)

gcc (GCC) 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)
g++ (GCC) 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)

configuring with and without --enable-release and with
--enable-double-precision. I couldn't find why, but after it compiled
just fine, several symbols were not found when running the tests (for
instance, test_ode was aborted complaining that dMassSetCapsule was not
found).

When I compiled without --enable-double-precision, test_ode crashed
right here:
testSetZero()
        passed
Segmentation fault

Then I installed
gcc-3.4 (GCC) 3.4.6 (Ubuntu 3.4.6-1ubuntu2)
g++-3.4 (GCC) 3.4.6 (Ubuntu 3.4.6-1ubuntu2)

and tried the same options as above using
CXX=g++-3.4 CC=gcc-3.4 ./configure

but got the same errors.

Any directions to take?

Daniel