[ODE] center of mass

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 11 16:25:56 MST 2006

Ok, I got around to doing what I said I'd do a few months ago.

This is the re-surfacing of a very old discussion about being able to
offset geoms from bodies without using geomTransform.  Over Chrismas I
made a patch from a new version (of UNSTABLE), and wrote up a summary
about why I think its much better than the current way of doing things.

http://www.hotboxgames.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=27

Essentially, its better on memory, negligible on performance (as far as
I have measured), and much easier to use.  It does away with needing
geomTransform, which makes it much easier to set/remove offsets on the
fly, as well as simplifying collision callbacks.  I've put it in my
version of ODE about a year ago and have been using it ever since.

Cheers,
Geoff