[ODE] Trimesh problems

Flavien Brebion f.brebion at vrcontext.com
Tue Jan 10 11:14:28 MST 2006

Bram Stolk wrote:

>Anders Olofsson wrote:
>

>>That doesn't sound right. Why would I want to push it towards some edge?.
>>Me hacking code in ODE is like monkey do brainsurgery. Funny but none will
>>survive. Well, I'll try.. Did you allways use the triangles normal instead
>>of normal pointing towards some edge?. I don't immediately see how this
>>applies to jumpy spheres on large triangles though. Did you modify
>>something more in the trimesh/sphere code?.
>>

>I still think you should switch to UNSTABLE, look at this diff:
>
>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/opende/ode/ode/src/collision_trimesh_sphere.cpp?r1=1.7&r2=1.7.2.2
>
>  Bram

For what it's worth.. i tried to apply this patch to my standard 0.5
version in my Minas Tirith demo, and this modification:

//Dist= Radius - Dist;
Dist= Radius - side; // (mg) penetration depth is distance along normal
not shortest distance

Make all my spheres bounce like hell ( and never come at a rest ) on
flat triangles..

I'll stay with the stable version for now.

F. Brebion