[ODE] Trimesh problems

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 9 16:51:06 MST 2006

The standard Trimesh code has some problems - for example, colliding
objects with a completely flat trimesh will end up with many
non-vertical contact normals.  This occurs because the flat triangles
try to push the sphere "away" towards an edge, sometimes with almost
horizontal normals.  Its unworkable in its current form, and I can't see
how anybody uses it without hacking away into the code in ODE (as I did).

Thanks,
Geoff