[ODE] Trimesh problems

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon Jan 9 13:12:30 MST 2006

A CFM of 1e-8 is pretty darn small for a floating-point value. You can
only represent about 1e-5 for something that's scaled at "1" with
floats. I'd try setting CFM to 1e-3 and see how that goes.

Also, ODE isn't perfect. For resting bodies, you really want to turn on
auto-disable, else they may jitter forever, and the jitter could
potentially cause energy additions to the system.

The size of the triangles is interesting, though -- might there be some
force that's scaled by a side length, or un-normalized cross product, or
something?

Cheers,

			/ h+