[ODE] Another question about contact joints

Guru2012 mykonian at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:04:01 MST 2006

Thanks for the response. I think I was not sufficiently clear about my
circumstances.
Instead of implementing more geoms, I followed the instructions in the
manual and removed the collision code entirely, then defined my own typedef
for dGeomID and implemented my own methods for collision detection (using
the V-Clip algorithm). In addition, the contact joint is encapsulated in a
ContactJoint class I implemented, so the user does not actually touch the
ODE interface. The null geom occurs in the dContact.geom.g2 value in the
dContact the ContactJoint constructor passes in its call
to dJointCreateContact. Keeping in mind that g1 and g2 refer to my own data
type (pGeom), does ODE use the g1 and g2 values internally when resolving
contacts, stepping, etc?

Thanks,
Andrew