[ODE] Another question about contact joints

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Jan 3 10:40:47 MST 2006

Most users expect both geoms to be non-NULL, because a contact is (by
definition) between two geoms -- else there can't be a contact. To know
that the geom is immovable, users usually check for the body ID of the
geom, and if it's NULL, it's immovable.

If you only use your contacts yourself, and this code is not intended
for others, and your nearcallback/collision code knows how to deal with
NULL g1/g2 fields, then I don't think you need to fill them out.

Cheers,

			/ h+