[ODE] ODE on x86_64 machine

Simon Su ssu8888 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 16:38:37 MST 2006

Hi Steve,

Yes I am using 0.5 stable release. I am sorry but
where can I find the updated version you mentioned?

I did a cvs checkout just now with
cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/opende
co -P ode

and compiling that version with the Percision=SINGLE
and OPCODE line uncommented, I got the same
compilation complain.

OPCODE/OPC_AABBTree.cpp:295: error: cast from
‘Opcode::AABBTreeNode*’ to ‘udword’ loses precision
OPCODE/OPC_AABBTree.cpp:309: error: cast from
‘Opcode::AABBTreeNode*’ to ‘udword’ loses precision

Thank you very much

Simon

======================

I think you are using the 0.5 stable release. I
changed all loss of
precision errors to ulong and got it to compile. There
are a lot of
them. Header files too.

Or, if you work with the unstable release you won't
have to change
anything, except for the make file reference to the
X11 library. You
will want to use the 64 bit version. I don't know what
you do for MS
Windows since it doesn't use X.