[ODE] Fwd: Re: question about game scenario using ODE

Misha Smelyanskiy mmaloff2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 11:57:56 MST 2006

Thanks for the response.
  I have a follow-up question.

  What kind of destructive game scenario would "stress" out both collision detection and iterative LCP solver to a comparable degree, so that ODE spends similar amount of time in each.

  For example, we designed an example a  single castle (made up of bricks resting on top of each other) destroy ted by the cannon ball. In this example, most of the time (close to 90%) is spent LCP solver. So I would like to design a game scenario which will strike a more even balance between collision detection and the solver.

  Just to give a right background, my focus is on performance analysis and optimization of game physics, rather than game design. So I would like to be able to quickly build the game scenario and focus the rest of the time on the above two issues.

  Thanks much,
  Mikhail