[ODE] cylinder contrib

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Tue Feb 7 09:19:41 MST 2006

LR wrote:
> Hy,
>
> i read in the ode source code (collision kernel):
>
> #ifdef dCYLINDER_ENABLED
>   setCollider (dCylinderClass,dTriMeshClass,&dCollideCylinderTrimesh);
> #endif
> #endif
> #ifdef dCYLINDER_ENABLED
>   setCollider (dCylinderClass,dBoxClass,&dCollideCylinderBox);
>   setCollider (dCylinderClass,dSphereClass,&dCollideCylinderSphere);
> #endif
> 1] that's mean that cylinder cannot collide with others geoms ? (ray,
> plane, cylinder, ccylinder). if yes, I dont understand why because used
> contrib includes all other collide ...

There were two contributions for dCyl, called
dCylinder and dCylinder2

The latter was integrated into unstable, as it was aggreed that this
was the most stable contribution of the 2, although not 100% complete
for intersection combos.

After integration, dCylinder2 was removed from contrib dir,
but cvs will let you retrieve it if you want, or use web iface to cvs
to see it.

  Bram

> 2] and .. why using 2 #ifdef sections ???
>
> Thanks
>
> Laurent.

Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."