[ODE] Double precision patch

Bill Sellers wis at mac.com
Tue Feb 7 03:42:32 MST 2006

Hi,

I just installed the unstable branch of ODE and I had to make the
following patch to collision_std.cpp to get it to compile as double
precision (it's currently hardwired as float * rather than dReal *):

diff -r1.19.2.3 collision_std.cpp
143c143
<   const float* pos = s->final_posr->pos;
---
 >   const dReal* pos = s->final_posr->pos;
338,339c338,339
<   const float* R = g->final_posr->R;
<   const float* pos = g->final_posr->pos;
---
 >   const dReal* R = g->final_posr->R;
 >   const dReal* pos = g->final_posr->pos;

Looking around ode/src I notice there are quite a few other hardcoded
floats casts that probably ought to be dReals - although at the
moment all they will do if affect precision. They are all in
collision_* routines.

Cheers
Bill

--
Dr. Bill Sellers                            Email:
William.Sellers at manchester.ac.uk
Lecturer in Integrative Vertebrate Biology
Faculty of Life Sciences                    Tel.   0161 2751719
3.614 Stopford Building                     Fax:   0161 2753938
The University of Manchester                Mob:   0796 0024359
Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK        http://
sellers.sbc.man.ac.uk/ASL/