[ODE] new user

Olex mr.olexander at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 13:19:45 MST 2006

Personally, I prefer to work with ODE via OPAL: http://opal.sf.net
It is easy to learn than bare ODE, and provides nice OOP interface for
you, as well as example code that ties it with OpenGL. The link above
is a wiki that contains tutorials and manuals for you to get started.

Enjoy.

On 2/4/06, alaysamhak at aol.com <alaysamhak at aol.com> wrote:

> Hello All, I just recently subscribed to the mailing list, just wanted to
> say hello. I would like to use ode to design a robot. I would like to see if
> this robot can learn to walk, by applying certain forces to multiple joints
> at each time step, and see if I can compute the end velocity of the entire
> body. This is mainly for a thesis I'm working on. Do you recommend I use
> ode? if not are there other options?
>
> -ALso I'm having trouble getting started, I'm pretty good at programming in
> c++, however, I typically have problems getting started with the software,
> configuring everything. I went to the website and I downloaded binary
> releases for windows, since I'm most comfortable with windows. However I get
> this ode-0.5.tar file, I tried opening it in microsoft visual studio 6.0,
> however, it seems like it can't read the file. Can someone help me get
> started, let me know what kind of software and development environment I
> need to use?
>
> ALso to be able to draw the spider it seems like i need opengL, where can I
> get it from and how do i configure it with ode?
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
>
> -Bill

Oleksandr Lozitskiy

"To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of
happiness." by Bertrand Russell