[ODE] What's better: create several spaces or decide which geom to collide in NearCallback?

michael kapelko kornerr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 16:59:27 MST 2006

Since it's not possible to add the same geom to other spaces, I did all
work in NearCallback to prevent unnecessary collisions. So I want to ask
what's better: create necessary geoms in necessary spaces every step or
prevent unnecessary collisions in NearCallback every step? The former
seems to be easier (didn't try, though), the latter is a more
complicated. What's more expensive in terms of performance? And still,
what's better (way)?
Thanks.