[ODE] Compiling Problem dHeightfield

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 15 23:41:58 MST 2006

> I'm having a problem implementing the dHeightfield class, within
> ODE version 0.6, as I've implemented the changes stated by the
> readme for ODE 0.5.

Hi, I'm a little confused because heightfields aren't implemented in
the 0.6 release. The feature has been added since that release and is
available by getting the latest revision of the code from the
subversion repository. This heightfield implementation does appear to
work without this link error you're seeing, in many GCC variants (I
can't claim Fedora is one of those, but i'd assume it did as to my
knowledge it's quite popular).

By "changes stated by the readme for ODE 0.5" do you mean the terrain
implementation in the 'contrib' folder? If so I would recommend
against using that now as it has been superceeded by the current
subversion implementation (which was derived from it in part) and has
been full integrated into the ODE core with several big improvements,
and requiring no custom changes to ODE by the user.

I hope this helps, if not please clarify and we'll be glad to help.

Regard,
Dave