[ODE] Creating a 2d wrapper class around the ODE lib

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 05:16:49 MST 2006

On 8/9/06, David Walters <hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com> wrote:
> To the community: What is the feeling about adding 2D support to ODE?

I would like to see a good Plane2D joint in the trunk; I think this is
being worked on.

I am a little uncomfortable with the idea of adding pure 2D collision
primitives. Couldn't you just use the existing 3D primitives? If
everything is constrained to Z==0 anyway it doesn't matter how "thick"
they are (and to Christoph - this has nothing to do with
mass/proportions, that's the rigid body).

Jason