[ODE] AMotor velocites vs. rigid body torques?

Amos Patrick apatrick at engineering.uiowa.edu
Fri Aug 4 09:45:53 MST 2006

I am in the same boat as Bob. I want to move body parts to a specific angle.
I am not sure how to do this with the AMotor because it needs a velocity. I
am attempting to create a robotics type controller to calculate torque and
then apply the torque to the joint. But, as the manual predicted, this is a
painful progress, especially when creating a long chain of bodies. Has
anyone had much luck creating a controller?

-Amos

Amos Patrick
Research Assistant
Virtual Soldier Research